Here are some things I’m good at:
- Envisioning and building new educational programs, or revamping old ones. Here’s an example of my work done with World Savvy.
- Measuring program impact.
- Writing and receiving major governmental grants.
- This means not only writing narratives, but creating all components (program content, budgets, metrics) and assembling them into the final grant package.
- I raised a total of $750,000 for a previous employer.
- 100% of the governmental grants I submitted were recommended for funding. All but one actually received those funds.
- Writing curriculum. Here is an example.
- Facilitating groups of students and educators.
- Taking young people (high school and college-aged) abroad to places like Bangladesh, Guatemala and Peru.
- Writing, editing and performing in educational theater shows.
Here are some great organizations I’ve worked with:
- UC Berkeley's Advanced Media Institute
- World Savvy
- Youth Radio
- June Jordan School for Equity
- Stanford Graduate School of Education
- American Jewish World Service
- United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Global Citizens Network
Here are some testimonials about me:
“Laura led our pioneer group with such intelligence and grace and, even at the most difficult points of the trip, she never faltered. I could not be more grateful for the love she showed every participant, and I feel so lucky to have shared that journey with her. The lessons it provided me with continue to inform the way I live my daily life and shape my long-term goals. I thought about the experience quite often when I was teaching English, WWOOFing, and backpacking around Israel and Jordan last year. Likewise, it now factors into the classes and extra-curriculars I choose to participate in on campus.” – Kerry H., student
"If there is one person who stands out in my mind as super woman it is Laura Klivans. Privileged to have worked under her leadership during a 9 month program in Bangladesh and stateside, my organization skills, curriculum planning, and time management were pushed to a higher level. I have personally experienced other challenging international endeavors, and Laura was the most outstanding facilitator I worked with. Through Laura’s guidance and leadership, I was able to return to my classroom with a new set of tools bringing my students to higher levels of thinking with more engaging and discerning discussions - all within a comprehensively developed curriculum. She works with a patience, clearly defined mission, and flexibility that led 60 diverse students and 5 educators through the most meaningful and life-changing global experience." - Kate W., educator